Friday, August 27, 2010

Natalie Merchant, New Tampa Bay Food Critic

Ms. Merchant, The Columbia Has Been Cooking Spanish Food For Over 100 Years.
Columbia restaurant owner Richard Gonzmart, getting his own back at Natalie Merchant. Merchant told 1,700 fans at Ruth Eckerd Hall on Tuesday night that she wasn’t feeling well because of a meal she had at the Columbia restaurant. Then she intermittently added more jabs throughout the set. He found it interesting that she suggested that being married to a Spanish man made her something of an authority on Spanish food.

“I’m a frustrated rocker, but I know I should just play in my office.”..... Richard Gonzmart

2 comments:

Vox Populi said...

seriously what could this stupid bitch KNOW? The Columbia has led the way across the food lines ever since long before I made their acquaintance. This bimbo is just pissed off that Gonzmart knows trash and nappiness when he sees it and calls a spade a spade. I don't even much care for the Columbia or any restaurant but I DO KNOW that THEY KNOW what they are doing. (from numerous visits winks and nods) I'm sick of these new idiots who pretend to know something. They want everything THEIR way ... oh, we're so cool.. that icky old thing HAS TO GO. They want gonzmart out of the way for something putrid they want on his block. I hope he sues this bimbo. I would.
The Columbia is a unuique and lovely facet of tampa bay. Even if they cooked FOR SHIT .... they belong and she can go to hell. Now let all her loser friends attack taht. How did she get an audience of that many people? Did they give tickets away?

Anonymous said...

Five years later I must say on behalf of this comment. I'm sure this"bimbo"didn't use profanity in her explanation of her visit. Colombia is a beautiful establishment that has lost a lot of the family touch due to thier company expansion and corporate influence. Natalie could still fill plenty arenas, and for someone who's most famous song is called "kind and generous" telling her to go to hell is most classy and appropriate cough cough. Slandering Natalie Merchants name you should be ashamed of yourself.