Tuesday, January 31, 2023

“Kevin McCarthy Has Packed The House Oversight Committee With Election Deniers, MAGA Extremists”

“Kevin McCarthy Has Packed The House Oversight Committee With Election Deniers, MAGA Extremists”

That’s not hyperbole: Far-right extremists leveraged their fringe power to force Kevin McCarthy’s hand and get appointments to this committee. Why did they want it so badly? To turn a major Congressional watchdog into their own personal Fox News broadcast – complete with conspiracies about nonsense like Hunter Biden’s laptop.

No matter what the likes of Lauren Boebert, Jim Jordan, and Marjorie Taylor Greene do, I’m ready to fiercely defend our values. I’m on this committee to ensure that our government actually works, and not just for the GOP’s shady donors.

But that means I’ll be holding these GOP extremists accountable, and they’re going to personally attack me when I do. We need to be SURE their attacks don’t cost us this seat. That’s why I need your help right now, before we even have our first committee meeting.


No comments: