Monday, September 4, 2017

My Problem With Craft Breweries

I like to drink my beer from a pint glass. Not a mug, not a wine glass or brandy snifter. A pint glass! My first encounter with my problem started at The Independent in Tampa. 

 I am a Locavore and try to drink only local beers. I asked the bartender to recommend a nice local brew. He pulled out a sniffer and was ready to pour when I told him I preferred a pint glass. I was told that he could not do that because the brewery recommended I drink it from the snifter, I refused and asked for something that comes in a pint glass.

My next encounters came at Lee's Grocery in The Heights and New World in Ybor. Again I had to settle for something that came in the glass I preferred. 

Which brings me to yesterday. At Miller's Ale House (Pic above) on Fowler Ave. I notice they had Jai Alai , one of my favorites.. I asked for a pint, again out came the sniffer. I told the girl I wanted it in a pint glass, she told me she could not do that. WTF? So I asked some questions. 

FYI Cigar City Brewing. I was told that out 6 local brews they had, yours was the only one that it was mandatory they serve in a snifter.

What ever happened to the customer is always right?

No comments: