Friday, December 21, 2018

Email to Kathy Castor

In response to THIS NEWS, and without commentary, I post here the email I sent to Kathy Castor's office today:

As one of your constituents, I feel I should inform you of something. By accepting the position of head of the "revived" U.S. House panel on climate change, which effectively killed efforts to establish a select committee on a Green New Deal, something polls showed was approved by over 80% of registered voters, and by waffling on any commitment to bar members who have accepted donations from the fossil fuel industry from serving on this panel, you have pretty much assured that, if you choose to run again for re-election, you will likely be contested.
As a committed voter, I have to consider your complicity in the furtherance of my government's role in neglecting to address the most vital issue of this age.
As a known activist in Hillsborough County, I feel it is my responsibility to fervently spread the word that we, the people, must pressure you and others to immediately take drastic steps to negate the disastrous effects we have had on our environment. There is no longer a place for debate. As the people have made clear, it is a Green New Deal or no deal at all.

No comments: