Sunday, February 24, 2019

Letter From Rob Lorei

Hi Everyone! 

As some of you know I was fired from my WMNF Radio job last Monday and given 15 minutes to leave the place I’ve worked at since June 1978. There are no words to describe the feeling of being suddenly let go from the place I’ve dedicated my life to.

In the last five days I’ve been busy meeting and talking with hundreds of people who think the firing was wrong. Thanks to those friends, journalists, mayors, PBS CEOs, activists, politicians and listeners who have helped me get through this!

Yesterday I filed the first step in my appeal to get my job back. The ultimate decision about whether this termination was justified is up to the radio station’s board of directors. The fifteen member board will soon decide my fate by simple majority vote. I hope that if you are concerned about the firing that you will write our board president and ask him to share your message with all 15 board members.

We all want the station to survive this crisis and eventually become stronger. We are all better off with WMNF than without it. So please be civil in your interactions. My heroes include MLK and Ghandi who were peaceful, non-violent and persistent. That’s the way I hope we’ll all behave as we work to resolve this awful situation.

Rob Lorei

No comments: