Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Support for Rob Lorei

Wow! What a turnout for last night’s WMNF Board meeting! Thank you! More than 150 people packed the boardroom and hallway outside to show the board what they thought of the decision to fire me. Later- during a closed session of the board I was given ten minutes to make my case that the firing should be overturned. The board members were polite and listened closely. An issue that board members kept raising was “Doesn’t Craig have the absolute right to fire any staffer- even if his reasons aren’t valid?” Clearly some board members lean to the conservative/corporate side when it comes to treatment of employees! Economist Richard Wolff would have some choice words for these board members.

What this means is that letters to the board still count. If you believe in enlightened employee relations please let them know. The board is likely to make a final decision this week. Like I said last night- it will take the rest of my life to thank you for supporting me by speaking last night, emailing, petitioning, calling and otherwise challenging this miscarriage of justice. However this turns out- when you see me- remind me of your support and I’ll buy you an adult beverage. Long May You Run!

No comments: