Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Senate Democrats decry Gov. DeSantis for pushing more lax gun laws

Two South Florida Democratic Senators, noting the fifth anniversary of the Parkland shooting where 17 people were killed, faulted Gov. Ron DeSantis and Republican legislative leaders for pushing new gun laws.

The Legislature is moving ahead with a measure this year that would allow people to carry concealed weapons in the state without having to have a permit.

“I can’t believe we’re about to have another bill that’s going to increase the number of guns in the state,” said Sen. Tina Polsky, a Democrat whose district includes Parkland. “To me it’s just a tragedy that we would do that in this state five years after Parkland. And I just want to say to the families that I represent, ‘I love you. I hear you. I’m fighting for you.’”

More HERE


No comments: