Friday, October 9, 2015

CHARIMAN, JOHN MORGAN, TO MATCH DONATIONS 9 TO 1 FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA PETITION

John Morgan, the Chairman of United for Care, has announced he will be matching all donations 9 to 1 in order to support the petition gathering process and to support patient's right to medical marijuana in FL.  Morgan is already the leading donor to the campaign and largely funded it's 2014 effort. John Morgan stated, 
“I started doing this because of my brother and father. During his last days, my father was able to find relief with medical marijuana. My brother, Tim, is a hardworking family man who should not have to suffer or live like a criminal. Like the majority of voters in Florida, I want sick and suffering patients like my brother to have the option to legally use medical marijuana. Over the past 2 years I’ve met so many people across our state that also NEED safe, legal access to medical marijuana. We are going to make sure that happens.
The Tallahassee politicians quit on us early. I will not quit until the people of Florida have a comprehensive medical marijuana law. To show my commitment, I am going to match all online donations 9 to 1 from now until the end of December.”
----------
United for Care needs to collect about 500,000 more petitions before Dec 31st in order to meet the deadline to make the 2016 ballot.
----------
United for Care’s Campaign Manager, Ben Pollara, stated, “We are honored to have the backing of a man who is so compassionate and tenacious. If someone donates $10, he’s going to put $90 on it- that’s phenomenal. It’s going to be tough, but I still think we can make the ballot before the end of the year” here

For press inquiries please contact Bianca Garza at press@unitedforcare.org.

No comments: