Monday, September 26, 2016

Beware Of Indigo Coffee In Tampa

"I stopped buying things at Indigo coffee in Tampa nearly two years ago on my birthday (after getting at least 1 coffee there every day) when, during a Food Not Bombs food share downtown, a houseless friend said he went in to buy his morning coffee and was told, "We don't serve your kind here anymore. I left the food share and made a beeline for the coffee shop and after loudly and furiously confronting them, I was told that the owner gave directive that houseless folks, (paying for their coffee or not) were not welcome at the coffee shop because they "smelled bad," and "people complained." (Likely people who have NO complaints for the social conditions that produce poverty or houselessness)"
Dezeray Lyn
----------
In the meantime, I'll be at the park downtown tomorrow morning at 8am for our Food Not Bombs Tuesday morning breakfast and I'll have tons of free coffee... for everyone.

No comments: