Monday, February 17, 2020

Forgetful Katie Hodges

Tensions emerged towards the end of the event, however, when Kate Hodges, a volunteer with the Buttigieg campaign in Florida, asked Pratt if the Sanders campaign had something similar to Buttigieg’s “rules for the road” platform, a campaign document that stresses that those involved in his campaign cultivate a sense of respect.
“Because I’ve seen some things in here tonight that give me great concern,” Hodges said, alluding to disparaging comments that she said she heard Sanders supporters in the audiences make about some of the other candidates at the forum. “Does Bernie have a similar protocol in writing that requires those in his campaign and supporters to be respectful and truthful?”
Pratt said that yes, Sanders had taken a “clear and unequivocal position on civility in politics,” but added that he completely rejected Hodges contention that the Vermont Senator’s supporters were poorly behaved, setting off a large cheer from the Sanders contingent in the room. 
Mitch Perry

"Our community is divided over the direction of the party and when party leaders seek to force conformity in a time when there should be vigorous debate it irritates to no end. If the establishment leadership wants the support of the people, back better candidates. Racists, sexists, bullies, and billionaires...these are not leaders we should be uplifting and demanding unity behind." Chis Cano

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll defend myself here if that's okay. I hope people like Nina Tatlock who were in the room can speak to what she saw and heard. When I walked in the room Bernie supporters in the front row looked at me, at each other, then laughed at me. It brought me right back to 7th grade. When Justin from the Bloomberg campaign introduced himself (not when he was answering questions but simply introducing himself) the crowd heckled "Stop and frisk" multiple times. Bloomberg is dead last on my list but for a group of white men to scream said policy to a to a young black man was very disturbing. White people have no idea what it's like to be racially profiled, he does, and he did not deserve that kind of treatment. Ask the policy question sure, but don't be abusive to anyone. When the only other person of color on the stage introduced himself and said how happy he was about Iowa the crowed jeered again, "wrong!" "Shadow!" The only two POC on the dais were targeted and heckled throughout the forum. I hope others in the room will corroborate this b/c Mitch certainly left it out. Other things I heard in the crowd; Warren referred to as a "snake" Pete referred to as "rat faced boy" I noticed the Bernie supporters in the room didn't question any of the white reps on the stage with such vitriol. Biden's rep was a fancy white guy and his fundraising/policies have been harmful to the marginalized but he's not winning so who cares I guess. After the forum a Bernie supporter, a young man, approached me and Nate Martinez saying he agreed the crowd was brutal. It was nice to have a connection with him. We talked about voting for the eventual nominee, I shared I plan to not only vote for Bernie but hope to canvass for the primary winner as well, although I prefer not to be paired with someone who laughed in my face for the t shirt I was wearing. Julio, we've been buds a while. I certainly hope this election will not be the end of that, you have sent me private messages implying I'm some kind of traitor for working with Andrew Gillum & Pete. I think you've got Pete all wrong and would love to talk policy over a beer with you some time soon, we can FaceTime Asher in. I hope we can all win fair and treat each other with respect til the convention and after. Take care, Kate

Anonymous said...

So that means Bloomberg's new ad campaign against Bernie and his supporters is accurate. https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/bloomberg-goes-after-sanders-in-new-campaign-ad-78880837628

Anonymous said...

Funny, you mean the Anti Bernie network?

Anonymous said...

Yes she is spreading Bloomberg's narrative.