Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Hillsborough County Democratic Party Exposed (Updated)

The DEC has sent out numerous flyers for candidates promoting their events. NONE of their flyers come with the disclaimer that they aren't endorsed by the DEC. I went to one DEC meeting where they even let a candidate put her flyer in the presentation and was projected
 for all to see.

"So, imagine my anger to see the ONLY flyer to come with a disclaimer of not being endorsed is the flyer of the only black woman in her race. The DEC has been playing favorites from the start and this further proves. The resiliency of a black woman is a remarkable thing though. So I'm sure this won't set Sky back." Jae Pass


"Ione Townsend can you please address this and show examples of all the other candidate's flyers where this same disclaimer is applied?" Beth Eriksen Shoup
-----
Updated. Please see comment below.

2 comments:

Everyone and Their Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle K in Tampa said...

Apologies. I initially deleted my post because I was trying to sign on to another Gmail account that showed my name rather than my Everyone And Their Blog picture, and I don't want to hide behind anonymity.

For full disclosure, my name is Michelle Kenoyer and my email is michelle.j.kenoyer AT gmail DOT com in case anyone would like to contact me directly.

--

Ione doesn't have to answer for this. As I wrote directly in reply to Jae's post, this is absolutely and 100% my fault. The Democratic Party does not in any way, shape, or form bear responsibility for this. Please don't blame anyone else in the Democratic party for my mistake.

I wrote to Sky privately (and forwarded my email to Jae, as a mutual friend requested that I do) to explain why, as both a progressive and as a new deputy secretary in the party, I had made the decision I did. In my position, it is very important that I don't show partiality toward any candidate in a primary race, even if I support him or her as a citizen and voter. I am also a member of the Democratic Progressive Caucus, so that can be construed as support for a candidate if I don't make it clear that we as a party are impartial till August 29th (day after primary).

Nevertheless, it was wrong of me not to include this disclaimer before and consistently. This was a bad decision on my part that had NOTHING to do with Ione or the Democratic Party. Please put the blame only one me.

Moving forward, I will be sure to be consistent for each and every candidate. Before the primary date, the Democratic party must be impartial, even if we as individual citizens and voters support candidates of our choosing.

Again, I am very sorry. I will be sure to include this disclaimer for every candidate from now through August 28th. I again invite anyone to please contact me via the email address above if you want to discuss this further.