Sunday, October 11, 2020

Asher for Justice of the Peace!

 



Hello Bennington friends,


I am on the ballot for Justice of the Peace (JP), and I am asking for your vote!


I am a proud member of the Vermont community and I love my home. It is the home I dreamed of living in all of my life. To serve as JP would be an honor.


I have a degree in Political Science from the University of South Florida (USF), and a long career as an activist. I have pushed Tampa, Florida to adopt sensitivity training for city officials and helped various candidates win public office. In Vermont, I am in the process of joining the State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) to be a better advocate for people with disabilities. I am also excited to announce that I will sit on a committee to help craft a policy regarding law enforcement and persons in crisis. My current job entails work with young people who are often in or just out of crisis, and so I have first hand knowledge of how important deescalation can be for people. With my neighbors and connections, I preach impassioned politics together with civil conversations. I believe that the best way forward will be to hold important dialogue to gain consensus, while striving for the best, progressive gold standard.


As JP, I will continue to be an advocate for civility in politics, and I will utilize my best judgement when making decisions regarding elections. Should any people wish to seek my services as JP to officiate marriage, I will be happy to consider joining them in a civil union.


I am so happy to be on the same ballot with people such as David Zuckerman & Joe Biden. Please, consider casting your vote for me, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Let’s work together to elect candidates with disabilities (mine is Tourette Syndrome)!


From the Heart,

Asher Edelson

No comments: